New Life is proud to be a local leader in aquatic therapy services in Huntington Beach and the surrounding areas. Our pool and gym facilities are in the same clinic, allowing for the highest level of care for each patient under one roof.
Aquatic therapy is a fantastic adjunct to rehabilitation as it utilizes water’s buoyancy to improve exercise tolerance without the forces of gravity found on land, thereby reducing pain and improving strength and mobility.
Each aquatic therapy program is individualized and both created and overseen by a licensed physical therapist. This personalized program allows you to maximize your rehabilitation and return to a pain-free lifestyle.
Once a patient has progressed during aquatic therapy, there is the option to progress to a land-based program to further enhance functional strength and allow for full return to prior level of function.
Aquatic therapy can be particularly beneficial for a variety of diagnoses, including but not limited to:
- Osteoarthritis of the knee, hip, ankle, and shoulder
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) and Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
- Various orthopedic conditions
- Pre and post-surgical rehabilitation including but not limited to spinal fusion, microdiscectomy, total knee replacement, total hip replacement, total shoulder replacement, rotator cuff repair, labral repair, foot and ankle surgeries, fracture repair, and more
- Spinal conditions i.e. spinal stenosis, herniated disc, sciatica, degenerative disc disease, and more